Around These Here Parts

Some of you are wondering what we’ve been up to lately – so here’s a little post to get you up to speed!

We’ve started work on a second new construction home – things are moving along really great, and the foundation should be poured in the next week or so.

IGTBHnewbuild2 That first house that we’re building?  Yeah, that one.  We’ve been at a standstill for quite some time for a variety of reasons, and I think we’re close to actually starting construction.  Hallelujah. IGTBHnewbuild1

We did that quick little flip and sold it in a heartbeat.  Let me know if you want to hear more about that one.

IGTBH quick flip 1 We bought another rental, and rented it out without changing a thing (other than getting the pool cleaned – ick!). IGTBH rental 3

The gears have started moving for us to build our own home!!  This is such a dream, and I think it’s going to come true.  Fingers crossed.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about what we’ve been up to – it feels good to be back!

Comments

1. kristin says:

Ok. I was confused when you said “building” and had showed the holes dug for your Instagram post as well. I was thinking is this STILL the FIRST one? So now you will have two homes being built and are going to start building your OWN home?? Am I clear? Always love to hear about your flips–yes, more, please! I can’t believe you didn’t do a thing to the one home–wasn’t that hard not wanting to fix anything? (Besides the pool.)

Hi! So, in a nutshell, we’re currently building two houses – it’s confusing because the second one is further along than the first! Sigh. And we’re still a long ways off from starting construction on our own home, but the wheels are turning – we have to combine lots, save pennies and all sorts of things before we can actually start – but we’re getting there!! :)

2. Karen, BC says:

Oh, please tell us more about the flips! I love reading about them and they’re so much more real than anything on TV. I particularly am inspired when you reuse/restore rather than completely tearing out woodwork, cabinets, etc., as that takes even more vision, I think. I would also love to see you update your pie charts on costs of the flips. With many more now under your belt, I wonder how much change you’d see in the figures and how much the present market helps/hinders your choices.
    Keep up the great work!

3. Robyn Roberts says:

Tell us all about all of it – every detail you can possibly share! I love reading about your flips and I would love to hear about what you have been up to lately. Love your work!

4. Deidre Miles says:

Yes, always love seeing your beautiful flips! Please add a post with tons of photos and details!

5. Kate says:

Yes, details. Love the details! Miss your updates!!

6. Monica says:

Wow! That’s a lot going on when you have two sweet little girls to take of. But I can’t wait for the details and what style you will be choosing for your different projects. Will they be similar or two totally different looks? Been missing your posts, you’re the first one on my blog roll!

Hi Monica, thanks for your sweet comment! So far I’m thinking Preppy Modern for the 2nd build, and more of a Rustic Modern for the 1st build – so fresh and bright for the 2nd, and a little moodier/more masculine for the 1st. We’ll see! ;)

7. Aimee says:

Welcome back!!!

8. Kelly P says:

So glad to see you’re back! Your blog is one of my faves. I’m very interested to hear more about what’s been going on – flips in particular. I’ll second an earlier commenter and say I’d love to see the pie charts as well and hear any and all feedback you can share on the flips you do. My husband and I have a bid in on a foreclosed home and we’re keeping our fingers crossed that our flipping dream is about to start happening!

Eeek, that’s exciting! Hope you’re able to start flipping! And I’m going to work on those pie charts…

9. Really interesting blog. I love reading about building houses. Me and my family are having our house in a building process right now. It is already looking great and I hope that soon we’ll be able to move there! I wish you to start with building your own house too! :)