To Pull or Not to Pull?

I’ve always been a “cabinets have knobs and drawers have pulls” kind of gal, but this kitchen I fell in love with on Pinterest has me rethinking things.

Source: houzz.com via Liz @ It’s Great to be Home on Pinterest

Aren’t those knobs on the oversized drawers just awesome?  I think they look so sophisticated!

So of course now I’m wanting to try this look out at the ol’ flip.  Except I’ve already decided on cup pulls for the kitchen, so the next plan of attack is to try out the doubled-up drawer knobs in the master bathroom.

Here’s what we’re working with:

Take a "Before" Tour of Our Third Flip

( “His” side )

Take a "Before" Tour of Our Third Flip

( “Her” side)

What do you think?

Comments

1. Jen Rames says:

I really like the knobs I think it will be a perfect look in the bathroom.
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Rosario’s

2. Caroline says:

If it means that you will have to use two hands to open the drawer (because otherwise it will be off kilter), I vote no. Though I do agree that it looks good. I am just more of a function over form girl. :)

I think they’re awesome so I say go for it. Trust your instinct Liz – you have terrific taste! Hope you guys have a great long weekend!!

4. deb says:

I’m with Caroline – two hands to open a drawer is a hassle…

5. Lisa says:

I say you are so so lucky to have HIS and HERS sides!!

6. Leila says:

Hmmm that’s a toughie. I think this is one of those situations were function might trump beauty. It would drive me crazy to have to use both hands to open a drawer! Kind of like the line my husband drew in the sand with our kitchen faucet: he had to have a single lever versus the pretty 2-handled bridge faucet I wanted (and you know what, he was totally right!). I think whatever decision you make will be great!
    Leila´s last blog post post ..{out & about} the inn at willow grove

7. Debbie says:

Pull. I have double knobs on a few drawers. PITA! Need two hands to open and close. If closed with one hand on one knob they don’t push in evenly from side to side. Drives me nuts! One center mounted pull opens and closes evenly.

8. Jessie says:

I will go with pulls. The double knobs may look good but the pulls are more practical. :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jessie

9. Rose Marie says:

i like the kitchen looks clean i wish i have like that kitchen since i love to cooked i show this to my husband so maybe when can make our kitchen like this.and the drawer at the master bed rooms are lovely too. thanks for sharing this with us at least i have idea now because my husband plan re contract our house.
    Rose Marie´s last blog post post ..Guilty Pleasures In Life

10. Taylor says:

I think the knobs look really exquisite. I would love to have those in my house as well. They look classic and elegant.
    Taylor´s last blog post post ..The Relationship between Facebook Fan page and Web Design

11. Jessica says:

Very good, “his” and “her” sides, convenient if you ask me. Always think practical when you so I think go for pulls. By the way, what a wonderful kitchen, this would be my dream! Thanks for sharing!
    Jessica´s last blog post post ..Tomato Varieties and Species

12. I do like the double knobs! Suprisingly, but I’m really digging it. I totally ripped off the drawer pulls and knobs you pinned for our kitchen. thanks for doing the hard work for me. ;)

13. I’m going to have to agree with Team “2 Hands to Open a Drawer = Bad News.” That picture from Pinerest makes me swoon, but I think I would get over it quickly if the day to day function was annoying.
    Erin @ One Project at a Time´s last blog post post ..#105- Modern Lodge Loft

14. Abielabijah says:

I am planning to renovate our hours next month and I love this because it’s clean and fresh.
    Abielabijah´s last blog post post ..Good First Date Ideas

15. What a gorgeous kitchen! I don’t think I’d mind either kind of knob/pull! Love those pendants too!

16. I actually really love the pulls in this picture, but I would never thought of it without seeing it. I actually tend to go the other way and “handle” everything.
    kit @ DIYdiva´s last blog post post ..Alternate Realities That Include Bob Vila

17. This is what you called Gorgeous Kitchen! I also love the pull knob in this kitchen, maybe because they are presented very well. Anyway I agree with Caroline I go for the function more. :)
    Krisha@Fire Proof Safe Shop´s last blog post post ..Home Safes

18. craig says:

this is awesome…wow. I’m in the planning stage of building a small house, with a limited budget, do i hope to achieve what you have? will surely try…
    craig´s last blog post post ..The carbon sink that is Nairobi